Our Select Case Results in Employment / Wrongful Termination Cases
- $34,660.00 DLSE award to a waiter of a large restaurant chain for missed meal and rest breaks (Placer County).
- $67,500 – defamation case settlement to a regional manager of a major retailer who was falsely accused of theft and suspended for 30 days without pay.
- $46,000.00 Labor Commissioner award to a mechanic, who was misclassified as an independent contractor and was not paid for overtime as well as for meal breaks and rest breaks (Placer County).
- Reclassified termination to resignation and successful severance negotiation to a marketing manager of a medium size telecom company. (Sacramento County).
- $217,500 arbitration award to a registered nurse in a retaliation and disability discrimination case.
- $114,000.00 bench trial award to an employee of a medium size bank in a claim for unpaid commissions.
- Unconditional reinstatement with full back pay to a truck assembly worker who was terminated while on ADA disability leave for allegedly falsifying paperwork.
- $125,000.00 settlement to a registered nurse in a retaliation case (Placer County).
- $255,000 pre-arbitration settlement to a car mechanic in a disability discrimination and FMLA retaliation case (Sacramento County).
- Reversal of termination and partial backpay $75k award to the state employee at an SBP appeal hearing who was about to be dismissed from state service for being allegedly AWOL.
- $57,500.00 pre Labor Board hearing settlement of unpaid overtime claim to a truck driver of a local Sacramento trucking company.
- $166,000.00 settlement in a religious discrimination case to a sales employee (Contra Costa County).
- $117,500.00 award for unpaid wages waiting time penalties by a labor commissioner to a driver who was falsely classified as an independent contractor (Sacramento County)
October – November 2014
- $280,000.00 – pre-trial settlement in a disability discrimination case to an iron workers (Placer County Superior Court).
- $65,000.00 labor commissioner award to an IT worker on a failure to pay overtime and misclassification claim (Sacrament County)
- $225,000.00 settlement to a car dealership sales employee in Sacramento in a retaliation case.
- $150,000.00 arbitration award to a maintenance workers of a property management company in a disability discrimination and failure to accommodate case (Solano County).
May – June 2014
- $175,000.00 settlement and reinstatement to a registered nurse of a major local hospital in a retaliation case (Sacramento County).
- $124,750.00 bench trial award to an employee in an assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress case (Solano County).
- $162,500 bench trial award to an employee who was assaulted by a supervisor and suspended in retaliation for complaining about workplace violence to a higher manage (San Mateo County).
- 210,000.00 arbitration to a registered nurse in a pregnancy discrimination / FMLA violation case (Contra Costa County)
- $20,000 award an unconditional reinstatement to a technician of a major telecommunications company in a disability discrimination and FMLA retaliation case (Sacramento County).
- $165,000.00 pre-trial settlement to a county employee in a defamation and wrongful termination case (San Francisco).
- 285,000.00 mediation settlement to a laborer in a disability discrimination and failure to accommodate case (San Joaquin County).
- $177,000 settlement to a nurse in a defamation case. Plaintiff was falsely accused of falsifying a medical chart and not properly disposing of medication. (Sacramento County).